Key West Aquarium
Discover the undersea world at the Key West Aquarium. A Window of Wonder comes alive as expert guides explain the mysteries of the water.
- Daily shark and turtle feedings and the Touch Tank offer guests a hands-on experience with the sea life of the surrounding waters.
- The Aquarium features a wide variety of fish including grouper, moray eels, barracuda, tropical fish, tarpon, parrotfish and much, much more.
All of the animals in the Touch Tank are harmless and guests are encouraged to pick up and meet the animals. During the daily tours, the Key West Aquarium's collection of sharks, rays, and turtles are fed, as guides explain the habits and habitats of these mysterious creatures. Daring guests can even pet a live shark!
Tours offered every half hours throughout the day. (See below for tour types) Shark feedings occur daily at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 4:30pm. Visit our Web Cams and experience the magic of the Key West Aquarium from your own computer!
The Key West Aquarium is committed to helping protect the endangered sea turtles. The Aquarium is associated with the Turtle Hospital and Florida Sea Turtle Stranding Network comprised of state agencies, universities and marine parks, all working in the nursing and rehabilitation of injured sea turtles. The Aquarium is currently home to several turtles on the mend and some, that due to their injuries, will be permanently housed at the Key West Aquarium.
Touch Tank/Aquarium History: Tour Guides will discuss the aquarium history (first opened air aquarium in the United States), the importance of the frescos. Touch tank discussion and hands-on knowledge of the creatures in our waters.
Atlantic Shores Interactive Feed: Tour Guides will cover the importance of the mangrove ecosystem, allow guest the opportunity to feed some of our large game and tropical fish while discussing the variety of fish in the exhibit.
Shark Interactive Feeding: Guests will have the opportunity to get up and close to one of man’s most feared apex predator- the shark. Guides will explain the importance of sharks to our waters while allowing guests to feed and touch a live shark!
Sea Turtle Conservation Tour: Tour Guides will discuss the Aquarium’s role in the conservation efforts of these species.
Stingray interactive Feedings: Tour Guides will allow guests to interact with our stingrays by feeding and petting these animals. Guides will discuss the misconception about these animals being dangerous.
The Atlantic Shores Exhibit is a cross-section of a nearshore mangrove environment. The 50,000-gallon tank holds a variety of tropical fish and game fish.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6/15/2020 - 8/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Admission to Aquarium
- Entry/Admission - Key West Aquarium
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Attractions Key West and TripAdvisor
we didnt get to see the sharks get fed since they weren't hungry at that time went afternoon. but our overall experience was awesome
Not much to see if you've grown up with big aquariums but still worth it for the conservation and historical value.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (855) 274-1023 to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-5046AQUA