Discover the undersea world at the Key West Aquarium. A Window of Wonder comes alive as expert guides explain the mysteries of the water.
- Daily shark and turtle feedings and the Touch Tank offer guests a hands-on experience with the sea life of the surrounding waters.
- The Aquarium features a wide variety of fish including grouper, moray eels, barracuda, tropical fish, tarpon, parrotfish and much, much more.
All of the animals in the Touch Tank are harmless and guests are encouraged to pick up and meet the animals. During the daily tours, the Key West Aquarium's collection of sharks, rays, and turtles are fed, as guides explain the habits and habitats of these mysterious creatures. Daring guests can even pet a live shark!
Tours offered every half hours throughout the day. (See below for tour types) Shark feedings occur daily at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 4:30pm. Visit our Web Cams and experience the magic of the Key West Aquarium from your own computer!
The Key West Aquarium is committed to helping protect the endangered sea turtles. The Aquarium is associated with the Turtle Hospital and Florida Sea Turtle Stranding Network comprised of state agencies, universities and marine parks, all working in the nursing and rehabilitation of injured sea turtles. The Aquarium is currently home to several turtles on the mend and some, that due to their injuries, will be permanently housed at the Key West Aquarium.
Touch Tank/Aquarium History: Tour Guides will discuss the aquarium history (first opened air aquarium in the United States), the importance of the frescos. Touch tank discussion and hands-on knowledge of the creatures in our waters.
Atlantic Shores Interactive Feed: Tour Guides will cover the importance of the mangrove ecosystem, allow guest the opportunity to feed some of our large game and tropical fish while discussing the variety of fish in the exhibit.
Shark Interactive Feeding: Guests will have the opportunity to get up and close to one of man’s most feared apex predator- the shark. Guides will explain the importance of sharks to our waters while allowing guests to feed and touch a live shark!
Sea Turtle Conservation Tour: Tour Guides will discuss the Aquarium’s role in the conservation efforts of these species.
Stingray interactive Feedings: Tour Guides will allow guests to interact with our stingrays by feeding and petting these animals. Guides will discuss the misconception about these animals being dangerous.
The Atlantic Shores Exhibit is a cross-section of a nearshore mangrove environment. The 50,000-gallon tank holds a variety of tropical fish and game fish.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Admission to Aquarium
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 3.58 out of 5 stars based on 88 traveler reviews collected by Attractions Key West and partner sites such as Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor