Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour
On our Key West Island Jet Ski Tours you jump on one of our Yamaha Waverunners and cruise around the island on a 28 mile, 90 mins guided jet ski tour.
- THE original Jet Ski Tour Departs from a 5 Star Resort location
- Our top-rated jet ski tour is the most thrilling way to see Key West!
- Fresh Water Showers
- 5-6 stops with great photo opportunities
- 20-30 minutes of free (play) time
Jump on one of our Yamaha Waverunners and cruise around the island on a 28 mile, 90 mins guided jet ski tour. Look out for an array of Florida Keys’ wildlife as you speed your way through our Caribbean waters. Breathe in the excitement as you race from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico and back to the Atlantic.
The two-hour jet ski tour begins with safety instructions from friendly, expert guides, who will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to help you get the most out of your island jet ski experience.
Once you are comfortable with riding your jet ski, you will follow your knowledgeable guide on your personal jet ski for 28 miles, completely circumnavigating the island, a task impossible by most watercraft.
During your jet ski tour, you will take in breathtaking views and watch Florida Keys marine life frolicking in the Caribbean waters. While cruising around the island, your guide will make five stops at various points of interest, such as The Southernmost Point, Historic Key West Bight, and Sunset Key.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Check-in time: Please check in 30 minutes before the activity start time. If you are taking the boater's safety course, check in 60 minutes prior.
- Equipment and Instruction
- 26 Mile Jet Ski Tour of Key West
- Fresh Water Showers
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given to customers' questions.
Are there weight restrictions for jet skis?
Yes, the maximum combined weight on a jet ski is 450 lbs.
Can anyone ride a jet ski on the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
Almost anyone can go on a jet ski as a driver or passenger. The only exceptions are made out of concern for the health and safety of our guests. Those who CANNOT participate in jet skiing include anyone who is pregnant, under the influence of alcohol or drugs or affected by any medical condition that may put them at risk when operating or riding a motorized craft on the open water.
If all guests on a single jet ski were born on or after January 1, 1988, at least one guest must have a boater safety license. This should be obtained in advance at Boat-ed.com.
We are committed to providing the best Key West jet ski experience and the most fun in the safest way possible and appreciate your respect for our rules as well as for the Florida regulations for boating and water safety.
Can I save time at check-in by doing the safety test online?
Yes! You can save 30 minutes at check-in by doing the safety test online at Boat-ed.com. Just be sure to bring confirmation that you have passed the test.
This course is for Florida residents and visitors who do not already possess a valid boating education certificate but who wish to operate a jet ski on Florida waters.
Do you provide wetsuits?
Yes, upon request.
How do I setup the Complimentary Shuttle for Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
If you plan on using the free shuttle to the jet ski tour location, please follow the instructions below to set it up:
- If your booking is THREE (3) OR MORE DAYS OUT:
Please call the local phone number on your confirmation email the day before your booking.
- If your booking is for TODAY OR TOMORROW:
Please call the local phone number on your confirmation email today.
- Information for 9:00 AM TOURS:
Shuttle service is ONLY available for tours from 10:00 AM onwards. If you are booked for the 9:00 AM tour, you must find your way to check-in at 8:30 AM.
How long is the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
Guests will enjoy a 90-minute action-packed jet ski tour of Key West. As an added bonus you can arrive early at our four-star resort location and relax on one of Key West’s finest private beaches.
How old do I have to be to drive a jet ski by myself?
You must be at least 18 years old to operate a rented jet ski in Florida waters. If you were born on or after January 1, 1988, you must have in your possession a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card (or a Boating Safety Identification Card from another state) along with a valid photo ID to drive a rental jet ski by yourself.
If you need a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card, it is easy to get one with an online course and test. You can take the course and get your temporary Certificate of Completion ahead of time to save time on the day of your tour. Simply bring your Certificate of Completion and a valid photo ID with you on the day of your tour. If you need to take the test before your Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour, please arrive at the departure point 1 hour early. All drivers must be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour must be canceled due to bad weather, and you cannot go on another day or time, you will be issued a refund by Attractions Key West.
Where can I park my car?
If required, parking instructions for the Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour will be included in your confirmation email.
Where is the meeting point for this activity?
Detailed check-in instructions – including meeting point address, Google map, and parking information – for Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour will be included in your confirmation email from Attractions Key West. Please be sure to double and triple check your email address is correct at checkout so this important email makes its way to you!
Who is allowed to drive a jet ski in Florida?
Under Florida law, participating in any commercial jet ski tour is considered to be renting a personal watercraft (jet ski). Most people who were born on or before January 1, 1988, are allowed to rent and operate a jet ski in Florida waters without any special training or license.
If you were born after January 1, 1988, and need a Florida Boating Safety Identification Card, it is easy to get one with an online course and test at Boat-ed.com. You can take the course and get your temporary Certificate of Completion ahead of time to save time on the day of your tour. Simply bring your Certificate of Completion and a valid photo ID with you on the day of your tour. If you need to take the test before your Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour, please arrive at the departure point 1 hour early. All drivers must be sure to bring a valid photo ID.
The Personal Watercraft Regulations from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission state that:
- A person (over 14 years old) who was born on or after January 1, 1988, must have in their possession a valid photo ID and a boating safety identification card or a temporary certificate issued by the commission in order to operate any vessel powered by a motor of 10 horsepower or greater. Boating safety cards issued by other states are acceptable.
- A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a personal watercraft in Florida.
- It is unlawful for a person to knowingly allow a person under 18 years of age to operate a rented personal watercraft (a second-degree misdemeanor).
- A person who was born on or after January 1, 1988, and is at least 18 years old may operate a rented personal watercraft if they are accompanied by a person who was born before January 1, 1988, OR a person who is at least 18 years old and has a Boating Safety Identification Card. The accompanying person must be “attendant to the operation of the vessel and responsible for the safe operation of the vessel and for any violation that occurs during the operation of the vessel.”
Will I get seasick on Key West Original Island Jet Ski Tour?
If you have any doubts about becoming seasick on the water, we recommend taking a Dramamine® Motion Sickness Relief tablet the night before your trip. Some people recommend taking it the night before your cruise and then again that morning so you will not feel so drowsy.
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 2171 verified reviews from Attractions Key West and TripAdvisor